Install Google Fit if you don't already have it installed.
Install Walkingspree App from Google Play (you need the most recent app for this to work)
Connect to Google Fit in Walkingspree App
- Any Android phone running on a 4.4 (KitKat) operating system or later will connect with Google Fit. Make sure your device can be used as a pedometer.
- To determine what version is running on your device, select Apps > Settings > About phone. Your software version will be listed under System Version on this menu. This version will change with each update or upgrade that you install.
- Google Fit is found in the Google Play store.
1. In the app menu, click on Connect Device
2.Select Google Fit
3. Click on Connect Google Fit.
4.Fit account info. It will bring up a popup. Select your account that has Google Fit data. (Make sure to use the same account linked with Google Fit)
6. Leave toggled on “steps from all apps”
7. Data is automatically sent over to Walkingspree periodically throughout the day. To do a forced sync, click on the refresh icon on the bottom left corner.
NOTE: Data added manually will not transfer to Walkingspree as this is considered to be non validated data.
Google Fit Troubleshooting
When troubleshooting Google Fit, it's important to recognize that there are many variables to consider. If someone is using a third-party app or Activity Tracker to connect to Google Fit and then connect to Walkingspree, the settings are very important to reduce error. It's also important to recognize that Walkingspree has no control over third-party apps or Activity Trackers and they frequently update their apps which can then cause issues in the data flow to Google Fit and subsequently to Walkingspree.
If you still face any issues and need assistance please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org