1.Install Walkingspree (New) App from App Store (you will need most recent version of app)
Apple Watch Setup
Follow steps for Apple Health Setup, then continue to Apple Watch Setup
Minimum requirements :
- Any iOS iPhone 5S or later model will connect with Apple HealthKit and track steps.
- To determine what iOS version is running on your iPhone, go to Settings > General > About > Version. Next to Version it will tell you what iOS version your iPhone is running on. This version will change with each update or upgrade that you install.
- Apple HealthKit is found in the App store.
2.In app menu, click on Connect Device
3.Select Apple Health
4.Click on Connect Apple Health. Enter Apple Health account info. It will bring up a popup.
5.Select "Turn all categories on"
6.Toggle ON "Allow Walkingspree to Read Data".
7.Under Apple Health sources, toggle on "steps from all apps".
8.Data is automatically sent over to Walkingspree periodically throughout the day. To do a forced sync, pull down on Walkingspree mobile app dashboard.
NOTE: Data from Apple Watch workout mode or data added manually will not transfer to Walkingspree as this is considered to be non validated data.
- Follow Steps to connect Apple Health to Walkingspree
- Click on Menu items - click on Connect Devices - select Apple Health
- Under Apple Health sources - toggle on steps from all apps
Apple Watch Users: Data from Apple Watch workout mode will not transfer to Walkingspree as this is considered to be non validated data.
If all that is confirmed and your steps still don't match in Walkingspree and Apple Health or are not transferring, please submit a support ticket at http://support.walkingspree.com/
When troubleshooting Apple Health, it's important to recognize that there are many variables to consider. If someone is using a third party app or Activity Tracker to connect to Apple Health and then connect to Walkingspree, the settings are very important to reduce error. It's also important to recognize that Walkingspree has no control over third party apps or Activity Trackers and they frequently update their apps which can then cause issues in data flow to Apple Health and subsequently to Walkingspree.
1. Check if you have steps in Walkingspree website via desktop computer.
a. If you have steps in Walkingspree website desktop, but not mobile app. Log out and log back into your mobile app.
2. If you don't have steps in Walkingspree website via desktop computer, continue steps below.
Apple HealthKit Settings :
1. Open Apple Health App. Ensure that you have steps showing in Apple Health
2. In Apple Health app, click on sources - Walkingspree. Double check that "allow Walkingspree to write data" is toggled OFF. Leave "Allow Walkingspree to read data" toggled on
3. Open Walkingspree App - click on menu - connect your devices - Apple Health - disconnect, then click reconnect to connect again.
4. In Walkingspree App - click on menu - go to dashboard - pull down on screen and wait for it to sync. It can take up to 5 minutes for a firs time sync, please ensure you have a good wifi/data connection.
If that doesn't work, then try the steps below.
2. Double check you don't have other apps connected to Healthkit, ie. MapMyRun, Runkeeper or any other GPS based fitness program. These will show up on the timeline in Apple Health if you've done a run and often show a map, etc. These programs use gps to measure distance and Walkingspree will not capture any steps from activity transferred from a GPS based app to Apple Healthkit.
- To check this:
- 1. Open Apple Health App
- 2. Click on "Health Data" from bottom toolbar
- 3. Click on "Activity" Tiles
- 4. Click on "Steps"
- 5. Click on "Show All Data" menu item
- 6. Click on Steps for Specific date
- 7. To see steps from phone only, click on iphone from available "Sources"
- 8. Select "Steps" from Activity menu item
- 3. If you manually log an activity in Healthkit that will not transfer over to validated steps in Walkingspree but will show up under logged exercise for distance and calories burned only.
- 4. Check Motion and Fitness Tracking is on in the iphone. Go to phone Settings - privacy - scroll down to Motion and Fitness Tracking. Ensure that Toggle Fitness Tracking is on.
- 5. In Apple health click on activity ->steps- >data sources & access - confirm Walkingspree is toggled on.