Install Google Fit if you don't already have it installed.
Install Walkingspree App from Google Play (you need the most recent app for this to work)
Connect to Google Fit in Walkingspree App
- Any Android phone running on a 4.4 (KitKat) operating system or later will connect with Google Fit. Make sure your device can be used as a pedometer.
- To determine what version is running on your device, select Apps > Settings > About phone. Your software version will be listed under System Version on this menu. This version will change with each update or upgrade that you install.
- Google Fit is found in the Google Play store.
1. In the app menu, click on Connect Device
2.Select Google Fit
3. Click on Connect Google Fit.
4.Fit account info. It will bring up a popup. Select your account that has Google Fit data. (Make sure to use the same account linked with Google Fit)
6. Leave toggled on “steps from all apps”
7. Data is automatically sent over to Walkingspree periodically throughout the day. To do a forced sync, click on the refresh icon on the bottom left corner.
When troubleshooting Google Fit, it's important to recognize that there are many variables to consider. If someone is using a third-party app or Activity Tracker to connect to Google Fit and then connect to Walkingspree, the settings are very important to reduce error. It's also important to recognize that Walkingspree has no control over third-party apps or Activity Trackers and they frequently update their apps which can then cause issues in the data flow to Google Fit and subsequently to Walkingspree.
Google Fit Settings to check:
1. In Google Fit, click on settings - scroll down and check that activity detection is toggled on.
2. Double-check that you don't have other apps connected to Google Fit, ie. MapMyRun, Runkeeper or any other GPS based fitness program. These will show up on the timeline in Google Fit if a run has been completed and often show a map, etc. These programs use GPS to measure distance and Walkingspree will not capture any steps from activity transferred from a GPS based app to Google Fit.
3. You can also check what other apps are connected to Google Fit by going to Settings, scroll down until you see connected apps, click on that and see what it shows as being connected. This may be important for Walkingspree app settings. See below.
4. If you manually log activity in Google Fit, that will not transfer over to validated steps in Walkingspree but will show up under logged exercise for distance and calories burned only.
If you still face any issues and need assistance please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org