lf you experience one of the following problems, it may be fixed by restarting your Fitbit Zip:
- Your tracker is not syncing
- Your tracker is not responding to movement
- Your tracker does not respond even when in a charger
- Your tracker has a battery charge but is not lighting up
- Your tracker isn't tracking your steps
To restart your Fitbit zip
- Open the battery door using the battery door tool and remove the battery.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Place the battery back into the tracker with the "+" side facing up, and close the door.
- Your Zip will now be reset. You will see your tracker's version number, followed by a series of Fitbit Smilies. When you tap your tracker, you should be able to navigate through the screens as you normally would
Restarting your tracker will turn it off and then on. Restarting your tracker does not clear its data.